Your privacy is vital to our long-term relationship with you, and protecting your privacy is just one part of our mission to provide you with highly personalized and valuable service. In addition, in an effort to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13.
- What Information is Collected; How Information is Collected; and by Whom is Information Collected
- Data Controller and Data Processor
- The Sharing of Collected Information
- How You Can Access, Change or Limit the Information Collected About You
- Security of Information
- Transfer data internationally
- User Rights Regarding Personal Data
What Information is Collected; How Information is Collected; and by Whom is Information Collected
Data Controller and Data Processor
Interpreter.com acts both as a processor and controller in regards to personal data collecting and personal data processing for our website visitors and service users.
Required Personally Identifiable
To register on our Web site, you must submit your name and e-mail address. In addition, to purchase a calling card, you must submit additional information, including your address, phone number and credit card information. This required personally identifiable information is necessary for us to process transactions for you, protect you against credit card fraud and contact you. When you register with Interpreter.com, we will ask you for a "e-mail." The e-mail you select may appear on the web site in connection with future services we provide, such as discussion forums in which you may voluntarily participate.
We will never share the information stored on that database, as well as other information we collect or you provide with any business partners or third parties, including those who offer services that complement those provided by us or which we believe may be of interest to you.
When you authorize a purchase transaction, we will collect certain information related to that transaction such as the location from which you are requesting the search or transaction, the product or service involved, the quantity or amount of the product or service and certain personally identifiable information, such as your password, your credit card information and any special handling requests. This personally identifiable information will never knowingly appear in public areas of our Web site.
Third Party Information
During the processing of your transactions, we collect verification information from our credit card authorization services. Credit card authorization services verify that credit card information and address that they have on file for you matches the information that you have provided to us.
We collect general information about you when you visit our web site. This information includes technical information related to your computer and the manner in which you are accessing our site and includes such information as the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, what operating system your computer is using, what browser software (e.g., Explorer, Netscape or other) your computer is using, and who your Internet service provider is, the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the web site from which you just came and the URL to which you go next and certain operating metrics, such as the amount of time you use our Web site.
The general information that we gather about you may be aggregated with general information of all users to help us better understand how our site is used. In addition, we aggregate the general information and the personal information. We compile and analyze this aggregated information so that we can provide more meaningful information to corporate partners and more relevant content and advertisements to you.
The Sharing of Collected Information Personally Identifiable Information
As noted above, we only share certain information about you with those of our vendors who are responsible for handling your account or performing other necessary services that you require. We will not share your personally identifying information with other third parties without your consent, except for the following limited purposes:
- We are compelled to do so by law or by an order of a court or governmental authority.
- In order to cooperate with law enforcement authorities or governmental regulatory bodies, and if we find any fraudulent activities.
- As necessary to complete a transaction for you.
- If you use our Web site through a link from one of our promotional partners, then we may be required to share your user registration information or other personally identifying information about any search or transaction that you initiate through such promotional partner with that partner.
Aggregated General Information
In addition, we may share aggregated general information about our site with our business partners or the general public. For example, we may share information regarding the daily number of unique users to our site with potential corporate partners or others. Aggregated data does not contain any information that could be used to contact or identify you.
Third Party Sites
We may publish links to other sites from our web site. Please note that Interpreter.com does not control the content, practices or policies of any other site, including what information those sites collect about you. Accordingly, we do not endorse or hold ourselves responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of any site that you may link to from our site. In addition, you may choose to respond to advertisements that are posted on our web site or made available via our service or to direct marketing offers from third party sponsors or advertisers. We do not control the content, practices or policies of our sponsors or advertisers and, accordingly, do not endorse or hold ourselves responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of any sponsor or advertiser who may collect information about you.
How You Can Access, Limit or Change the Information Collected About You
- You can access your personal information by logging into your account on Interpreter.com
- You can change your personal information in your account setting of Interpreter.com
- You can limit or change the information collected about you by emailing your request to support@Interpreter.com
Interpreter.com uses the highest security standard available (SSL) to encrypt all of your credit card and personally identifiable information while it is in transit to us. All data stored on the Interpreter.com server is protected by a secure "firewall" so that no unauthorized use or activity can take place. Although Interpreter.com will make every effort to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that thieves may find a way to thwart our security system or that transmissions over the Internet will be intercepted.
Transfer data internationally
Interpreter.com provides services to people from all over the world and in doing so we do transfer data internationally. By using our website and services, you agree to any such transfer of personal data from outside your country.
User Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have the following rights listed below as a user of our website and services.
- The right to be informed about what personal data is being collected and what is it being used for
- The right of access to your personal data that we collect
- The right of rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure or request to delete your personal data we collect
- The right to restrict processing - an individual's right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability - this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling - For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.